Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fitness



fit·ness/ˈfitnis/Noun:
1.The condition of being physically fit and healthy.
2.The quality of being suitable to fulfill a particular role or task.

Everyone wants to be HEALTHY and in SHAPE
But is everyone ready for the COMMITMENT?????
STEP ONE: DISCIPLINE YOURSELF
Fitness and Dieting is honestly a love/hate relationship because you hate to do those tiring excercises but you love the results of your body in the end.
When I say "DISCIPLINE" yourself, I'm not asking you to starve yourself. I'm asking you to take ownership of your actions.
We all love a juicy cheeseburger, chilli cheese fries, fried chicken and etc. but we also know that were only putting our health at risk.
Why would we constantly do that to ourselves?
When starting your dieting/fitness plan it's perfectly normal to not be able to just give your daily obsessions up in just one try. It's a working process.
TRY PORTIONING!
Portioning helps me out a lot because it's like a 50/50 deal.
For example; When im craving something salty, I'll buy a bag of plain potatoe chips but I WON'T eat the whole bag in one day. I'll portion it. When portioning my chips, I'll take out maybe seven or eight chips and save the rest for the next day. It's similar to a compromise, except it's a self-compromise.

EXCERCISING IS VERY IMPORTANT!

It's very important to keep your body active. Even if you're not ableto do fifty sit-ups, crunches, push up's or etc. It's imperative to take part in some form of fitness work, even if it is just jogging around your neighborhood, walking in the park or even sprinting around the track. Even if you can't get into the whole excercise subject, just grab your ipod/mp3 players and dance to your favorite tunes until you get tired. Believe it or not it's a very fun activity. When doing this activity you should aim for fast songs. When dancing around, my favorite songs to get loose to are "Alright" by Janet Jackson, "Gimme That" by Ciara, "Run The World (Girls)" by Beyonce and many more. You would'nt believe how many calories you burn by doing this small excercise. TRY IT!

If you're ready for a more intense excercise, you should try yoga and/or pilates. Pilates are not as easy as they seem, TRUST ME! I took a pilates class and it was very intense. I was very sore after class but, I ADORED the results. My body felt amazing!

ENCOURAGEMENT...
A lot of us aren't as confident unless we have that little whisper of encouragement. If you have a short attentio spand and give up easily especially when it comes to excercising I highly encourage you to hire a personal trainer or get a workout partner.

No matter how you choose to get your daily dose of excercise, REMEMBER to always make it FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment