Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Different Images - Self Esteem.



Why should every OPINION matter?
It shouldn't but sadly it happens....
Children, Teens and even Adults battle with low self esteem....EVERYDAY!!!
Low self-esteem can form from many subjects. Several individuals delevop low self-esteem from:
  •  Being bullied in school.
  • Not being comfortable with their physical appearances ( for an example; weight, height, size of nose, ears, lips, acne, speech impediments, disabilities, clothing and etc).
  • Ending of personal/dating relationships.
  • Some children have self-esteem issues when they're adopted as well because, they feel as if no one wants them and they have been abandoned.
  • Some people automatically have self-esteem issues when they're not recognized by the ones they love i.e ( Parents, Friends, Spouse).
  • Simple lack of confidence.
Self-esteem issues have ended or almost ended in terrible ways. A lot of low-esteem victims have resulted in taking their own lives or even attempting to.

Many people in the world battle with self-esteem issues, they're just better at hidhing it than others.

Some of the people that seem the happiest and always brag amongst their looks are the most unhappy people but they know how to cover their emotions up by false "Conceit".

It's VERY important to respect others and be nice to everyone. You never know what someone else is going through and a simple smile, compliment or invite could change their whole attitude. 

When I think about the subject of low self-esteem, I begin to think of the Video lyrics by India Aire because the words are pure and the meaning is incredible. The song is great because it let's you know that it's ok to be yourself, regardless of what anyone else seems to think. What a lot of individuals living with low self-esteem don't realize is life would be horrible with duplicate people, that's why it's only ONE you!

"I’m not the average girl from your video
And I ain’t built like a supermodel
But I learned to love myself unconditionally because I am a queen...
I not the average girl from your video
My worth is not determined by the price of my clothes
When I look in the mirror and the only one there is me
Every freckle on my face is where it’s suppose to be
And I know my creator didn’t make no mistakes on me
My feet, my thighs, My Lips, My eyes, I’m loving what I see
Now don’t be offended this is all my opinion
Ain’t nothing that I’m saying law
This is a true confession
Of a life learned lesson
I was sent here to share with y'all
So get in when you fit in
Go on and shine, Clear your mind, Now’s the time
Put your salt on the shelf, Go on and love yourself
Cause everything’s gonna be alright."
Song Lyrics By - India Aire (Video)


SO REMEMBER:
No one is better at being you than YOU!



















No comments:

Post a Comment