Sunday, November 2, 2014

Charisma Covers The 2014 Be Bold Fashion Show!

Yesterday I was given the opportunity to cover the 2014 Be Bold Fashion Show hosted by Chigozie Uwazurike. Chigozie is one the three members that created YPVL which stands for Young Productive Vintage Life. The amazing event took place in Detroit, Michigan at the White House Night Club.

Charisma and Chigozie during the Be Bold Fashion Show.


Charisma: What inspired YPVL?
 
Chi: Well, actually YPVL was created by myself and two other members however, I'm the CEO. YPVL is more than a clothing line, it's a lifestyle. We're all so big on being positive and doing positive things. Hustling the right way!
 
Charisma: When did you launch YPVL?
 
Chi: It's been three years. We launched YPVL on August 25th, 2011.
 
Charisma: If you could design a piece of clothing for any celebrity who would you choose and why?
 
Chigozie introducing the next designer.
Chi: Diddy! Hands down, I'm his biggest fan. Diddy inspires me as a business man because, he backs up everything he says. I also would love to create something for Diddy because, he believes in potential. Whenever he sees something great he's willing to work with it. I also know Diddy, wouldn't want me to work for free.
 
Charisma: What was your favorite moment about the fashion show last night?
 
Chi: I really didn't have a favorite. I loved every moment! I loved seeing Jay Lee preform. Also, one of the designers weren't able to make it last night, so being able to fill in for him and taking control of someone elses clothing line was nice.
 
Charisma: Where can customers purchase YPVL?
 
Chi: Customers can send their requests with details (sizes, colors and etc.) via email to young.chi20@gmail.com and I'll send them a invoice.
 
Charisma: If up and coming fashion designers want to be featured in your future shows how can they inquire?
 
Chi: It's best to email me or send a direct message on instagram. I stay up to date with my social media so it's easy to contact me on there.
 
Charisma: What can the world expect next from YPVL?
 
Chi: Everyone can expect The Plug pt.2, it's a networking event. We had The Plug pt. 1 two months ago. Also, I'll be doing my second annual toy drive with Hot 107.5! Last year, we donated over six hundred toys. I'm really passionate about charity work because, it's no point of making moves if you're not giving back!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment