Sunday, January 12, 2014

Interview with DJBJ 3525

Today I had the pleasure of interviewing one of Detroit's most popular disk jockeys, DJ BJ also known as Mr. 3525!



Charisma: Who is your inspiration and why?

DJ BJ: My family! Mainly, my brother. He really inspires me to be better. Another thing that really inspire me is the area we came from.

Charisma: What is your biggest goal/dream?

DJ BJ: I want to accomplish a lot in my life but my main goal is to own my own radio station. I would like to have something online and also on xm radio.

Charisma: When did you realize you had a passion for music?

DJ BJ: My father actually use to own his own record store and he would always show me classic album covers. However, growing up I could never sing or rap but I still loved music so being a dj came naturally. I'm a very hands on person!

Charisma: Are you working on any music projects as of now?

DJ BJ: Yes! I'm actually working on my first album which will be titled either "3525 The Album or 2K14". I like 2K14 because I feel like it's going to be a really good year. I've already released over 160 mixtapes so I'm very confident about this album.

Charisma: How long have you been a dj?

DJ BJ: I actually started at the age of seventeen but I didn't begin to take it serious until I was twenty years old so that means I've been doing it professionally for about five years now!

Charisma: What do you like to do in your spare time?

DJ BJ: I'm a major studio junkie. I love being in the studio! I could just grab some food and chill in the studio all day. Other than that I like to relax! Honestly, there's no such thing as spare time because it's always something that needs to be done.

Charisma: What artist would you like to work with and why?

DJ BJ: I would like to work with the legendary females such as Foxy Brown and Lil Kim. Hov, of course. Rich Homie Quan. If given the chance I would really like to work with DJ Drama because he's a major inspiration and he switched the whole game as a dj.

Charisma: What advice do you have for young children/teens especially young men trying to accomplish their dreams?

DJ BJ: My advice is to stay motivated and try to motivate others. There's no better feeling than knowing you helped motivate someone to pursue something they've always wanted to do.

Charisma: Okay, last question. If you could help out the world in one way what would you do?

DJ BJ: If I could help out the world I would end racism because it still exist whether people believe it or not. I would like to be the voice of the youth and have to opportunity to educate.

Connect with DJ BJ:
 
@djbj3525

No comments:

Post a Comment