Thursday, August 24, 2017

Interview With HBO Insecure Star, Dominique Perry!

On Monday, August 21st, 2017 I had the pleasure of interviewing the lovely, Dominique Perry of the HBO hit television series, INSECURE. Dominique happens to play the sweetheart of the show, Tasha. Check out our interview below!


CHARISMA:

How long have you been an actress?

DOMINIQUE:

I've been an actress since I was like seven years old and I'm twenty-nine now, so it's been over a decade. A pretty long time.

CHARISMA:

Which actor or actress would you like to work with?

DOMINIQUE:

I would like to work with Michael B. Jordan, not just because of his looks but because he was challenged as an actor. Him and Taraji. I love Taraji. I think they're are both great. I have a few other people that I would like to work with but I think those two are the two that pop out for me.

CHARISMA:

What inspired you to audition for the role of Tasha?

DOMINIQUE:

I wasn't inspired. My manager actually hooked me up and was like, "Hey, you have an audition coming up." and I was like okay. I read it and I loved her. I thought she was so sexy, colorful, vibrant and all of that. So I was like ok I like her and that's what helped me get into the character. I like what she represents as a person because she's a lot like me.

CHARISMA:

Are you working on any upcoming projects?

DOMINIQUE:

Yes, I'm working on a few projects so I'll put them out there when they're actually done. I have a film in the works and also a television show!

CHARISMA:

What is it like working with the cast members of Insecure?

DOMINIQUE:

We are actually good friends. We all party. Everyone is super nice and we're actually like a family which is really good because sometimes you don't find that on certain sets. It's like a big family away from the set as well as on.

CHARISMA:

So, you have to spill the beans? Does the television actually do Jay Ellis justice or is he even more fine in person?

DOMINIQUE:

Aw man, Jay Ellis is even better in person. He's amazing! A very gorgeous individual.

(Charisma and Dominique both laugh)

CHARISMA:

What advice do you have for people chasing their dreams?

DOMINIQUE:

I would say stay persistent. Never give up on it because in this industry whether it's modeling, singing, dancing, acting, anything that is not a career goal where you go to school for X amount of years and become a nurse or doctor. It takes a certain level of courage to do it. No matter the rejection. There will be times where you want to cry and give up. I still have those times! Remember this is what GOD intended for you to do. This is your passion so keep it going and you will be rewarded.

CHARISMA:

Do you have a celebrity crush?

DOMINIQUE:

I like Mack Wilds. I think he's super cute. Also, Trevante Rose. He's a new actor.

CHARISMA:

Ok, well as long as you didn't say my two people you're fine.

(laughs)

DOMINIQUE:

Who?

CHARISMA:

John Wall of the Washington Wizards and Omari Hardwick, although he's already married he's just something to look at. (laughs)

DOMINIQUE:

Well, yes. Omari is also a very gorgeous individual. Now that's another one. I got a chance to meet him. Very nice, very sweet, very respectful and very professional.

CHARISMA:

@DJGOODBOI wants to know if you're single and looking?

DOMINIQUE:

Am I single yes. Am I looking for a man? No. I hope that he comes to me but I'm open. Yeah, I am single and I'm open for the right guy to come along.








No comments:

Post a Comment